Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Scheduling!

Okay, I am scheduling more! So far it has helped. I love Terri Maxwell's Managers of Their Home book. It is all about scheduling what seems like every possible minute of your day and your children's days. Well, I got some chore printables free from currclick a couple of months back and have made "morning lists" for the kids. Every morning after breakfast the kids do their "morning lists". On that list is get dressed, brush teeth, brush hair, make bed, pick up dirty clothes, pick up toys, clean rest of room. That is done every single morning after breakfast. We have been doing that a while and it works great. Even Julia has a list with pictures that she loves. In fact, she will ask can I do my morning list? Sometimes even at night! Anyway, also on that list to the right is a list of special chores for each day of the week. For example for Sarah; Monday is her laundry (she has her own basket in her room), Tuesday is cleaning her bathroom (we have 3 bathrooms so we have a girls bathroom and a boys bathroom) , Wednesday is vacuuming, Thursday is her day to cook main meal, Friday is dusting. Of course brothers includes things like taking out trash and cleaning his bathroom, ect. Well, having every 30 mins of my day planned out really doesn't work well for us especially with a husband who works different shifts all the time. But I did make a mommy list to help me remember to get some of those forgettable things done. I decided to start with two "special" chores that I would do each day. Of course that would be on top of everything else I do! Here it is:
Monday: Vacuum, Clean off office desk
Tuesday: Remove cobwebs, Clean fridge
Wednesday: Clean bathroom (mine), mop
Thursday: Laundry ( I always need to work on this), Laundry (Like I said I need this)
Friday: Dust ceiling fans, change sheets on bed

Thursday is my least busiest day so I decided to make it my all day laundry day! I may add more chores but for now this will work. So far it is kind of fun and seems to work. Ask me in a couple of weeks. I have to admit. When I stick to a schedule, my whole house runs better! I can never remember why I stop following a schedule!

1 comment:

  1. I made a master chore list for myself 2 wks ago. I've been able to stay on top of things a lot better now!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Magazine

Currclick

CurrClick

Learning Things

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software