Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Yo-Yo

Okay. Here I am again. Back at 170 pounds! I am not one of those women who won't say their weight. It will not change it to not say it. Anyway, my mom told me one time to expect weight gains in life, but set a maximum weight and never let your self get above that or you would be gone. I never really set a maximum weight, but a couple of years back before we left for South Carolina I got on the scale and weighed 170. I cried. Seriously. I decided that was my maximum weight. When we got back, I went on the Adkins diet and lost 33 pounds. I was so happy. I gained back 15 later and went back on Adkins and lost it. Now I have gained all of that weight back and I am back at 170. Well actually 167.8 but close enough. I did not follow his lifetime maintenance plan like I should. I just started eating like I had before and what do you know? I look like I did before. I know. I know. I know. It has got to be a lifestyle change! Who really doesn't know that? Well, I am starting Adkins plan again, but I will follow each step as I should. His goal was for us to lose weight slowly and keep it off. Now, for those of you who don't like the plan because he died of a heart attack. Well, everyone has to die somehow. Look at Dr. Bill Chadwick. I took health advice from him. He seemed to be the healthiest person I know and he had a heart attack and passed away. We all have to die of something. There are also those that say low carb is not good for you. Dr. Adkins in his book expected your diet to consist of fish, chicken, and yes some pork and the rest was fresh fruit and vegetables. Isn't that the basis of most diets? Fish and chicken, fruits and veggies! We all know that. Anyway, I will try to let you all know how it goes. I will be weighing every Monday morning about 10:00 am. I started this morning at 167.8 so we will see how it goes. By the way, in case you wonder what I have eat today it is this. Breakfast- 3 devilled eggs and bacon
Lunch- Polish sausage and green beans I have also had a few pickles. Not sure about supper yet. Need to go rebuy groceries!
BTW- My goal weight is 132 this time. That is what I weighed when I got pregnant with little Michael.

1 comment:

  1. I sure do know what you are talking about! I have slowly put on about 15 pounds over the past 3 or 4 years - and since my surgery a few weeks back I have gained 5 more! I have no clothes that fit and this summer I have pretty much loved elastic cotton garanimals! I start back on my healthy eating plan EVERY day but then most days I wreck it before the day is over. grrr. I am determined to start over every day until I get it right. Hope you have quick success - it sure does make it easier when it happens fast! :)

    ReplyDelete

Creation Magazine

Currclick

CurrClick

Learning Things

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software