Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Missing Time??

Wow. What a week! I said in an earlier blog that I didn't go anywhere this week. Well, mom reminded me that I went to grandmas to clean on Monday, took grandma to the doctor on Tuesday, okay nothing Wednesday, groceries Thursday, and then a co-op board meeting on Friday! Plus, I homeschooled everyday. And Julia was sick which made her grumpy and clingy for a few days. Man, I was busier than I thought. But here is what is weird . . . I got more done this week than I have in a very long time. I am not bragging in this blog I promise! Keep reading to hear my point. Have you ever been driving and thinking about something and all of sudden realized you just drove say 15 miles and don't remember a thing about it! Honestly, here is something I don't like to share but my clothes were HORRIBLY behind. Everybody's sheets, quilts, clothes, AHHHHHH. Anyway, Wednesday I think, I noticed I had washed everything down to just a few loads! In fact it was the day I blogged and said my clothes were almost done. See? I couldn't believe it. Where did all those clothes go? Did I really wash them? Surely, I did, but I don't remember doing that many loads. PLUS, I have been back to my schedule so I have been keeping my house kept and my dishes washed immediately after each meal. So here it is. . . It feels like God has given me extra time this week or cleaned clothes for me. Really! You don't understand, my house had really gotten behind. Ask Amanda who came over on short notice and saw my house last week! I am convinced God was in this somehow. Maybe this was a blessing for me to help and encourage me to get in the bed on time everynight for my quiet time with Him! I don't know but I had to tell. Thank you Lord for your time and your mercies toward me.

A final thought... Psalm says "Serve the Lord with Gladness". When doing the "same ole' stuff" over and over (such as clothes) try to remember that as christian women we are doing this to the Glory of God. If we are moping and griping then we are not really serving Him at all! What a thought. I will put Spurgeon's afternoon devotion on the next post to help convict us a little more about serving with gladness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Magazine

Currclick

CurrClick

Learning Things

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software