Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quilting a Potholder


What is wrong with me??? I am trying to learn to quilt. Okay. I am starting with a potholder, but hey that's a start! I have got to finish the potholder in the picture. I still have to add the lavender trim around it and add the loop. After I do the potholders, I am going to ... hold your breath ... attempt to make a queen size quilt for my bed! Where did that come from?? Sarah is taking quilting in co-op class and I have been helping her with some of her homework. It was fun. My grandmother who has lived with my parents since I was 2 or 3 was like a sibling. We slept in the same bed together and everything. She quilted her whole life. When you thought of Grandma Polly ... you thought of quilting. She made beautiful quilts and lots and lots of baby quilts. Anyway, I should have spent more time and tried to learn from her and my mom but you know how it is when you are a kid. Anyway, I am going to take a turn at it and see how it comes out. Between my mom, Sarah's teacher, my quilting magazine, and the internet I might at least get it together whether it looks great or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Magazine

Currclick

CurrClick

Learning Things

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software